MelissaRose13

MelissaRose13

If You Lived Here, You'd Be Perfect By Now: The Unofficial Guide to Sweet Valley High
Robin Hardwick
The Eternity Cure
Julie Kagawa
City of Bones
Cassandra Clare
Unearthly  - Cynthia Hand I enjoyed this book more than I thought I would. Love it. One of the better books I've read this year. To be perfectly honest, months ago I saw this book at the bookstore and the cover and the description turned me off. It's a very pretty cover, but it just seemed so girlish and once I saw it and read the description I thought >.> No, thank you. I don't know if I can read another romance. I want something meaningful. Not that love isn't meaningful, but I have this slight aversion to love and love stories. Especially because so many are done badly. And maybe it's because of the type of life I've had. It seems to me that so many people throw that word out there without truly meaning it. Without knowing the consequence of that word. Because once you say that, certain expectations arise and most people fail at meeting them because they never actually felt love to begin with.

Anyway, I saw reviews on this book and on Hallowed and I thought maybe I should give it a chance. I wasn't totally convinced yet so I downloaded the ebook for my Kindle for PC. I didn't want to spend money on something that wouldn't be worth it. Once I downloaded the ebook, I started reading it and got hooked pretty quickly. So on Black Friday, I went to the bookstore to get me the paperback. :)I looked at the book differently then and now I want the hardcover.

I was pleasantly surprised with this book. This is a pretty good story. I've started getting more interested in angels because of dreams I have and because of this story I've been trying to write for years. After a lot of writing and starting over, I felt incorporating angels in my story felt best to me. Anyway, I enjoyed how the angel lore was incorporated into this story. Angels are often associated with God so it's hard to write about them without sounding preachy or cliche. But in this story it was done smoothly. God is mentioned as is heaven and hell, but it is done a way that you don't take it as super religious. You don't take it as this is a Christian person trying to give me a morality based lesson. Even though there are some good lessons to be found in there, like the true meaning of love and how hard it can be to be responsible. It was done well that everyone can appreciate it and maybe take something from it.

I really enjoyed the way the romance progressed. It seemed it was going to turn cliche, but then it took a different turn. And I loved that it took most of the book for Clara's relationship with Tucker to develop. For them to get together. That's how it should be. Not that people shouldn't date a lot, but what I'm saying is that this is the way a relationship should go if you want to be certain that you're in love. 3 weeks of relationship doesn't equate to true love. Even though it might feel like it sometimes.

I recommend this book to people who like paranormal romances. More books need to be written this way. I think if more books like this got publicity, maybe the way a lot of young people think will change. Because the "love" found in books like Twilight are not real. Anyway, can't wait for Hallowed to come out.