MelissaRose13

MelissaRose13

If You Lived Here, You'd Be Perfect By Now: The Unofficial Guide to Sweet Valley High
Robin Hardwick
The Eternity Cure
Julie Kagawa
City of Bones
Cassandra Clare
The New World (Chaos Walking, #0.5) - Patrick Ness ‘Is it because hope is scary?’ my father asked.
I looked back at him, startled. ‘You think so, too?’
He smiled, full of love. ‘Hope is terrifying, Viola,’ he
said. ‘No one wants to admit it, but it is.’
I feel my eyes go wet again. ‘Then how can you stand
it? How can you bear even thinking it? It feels so dangerous,
like you’ll be punished for even thinking you deserved it.’
He touched my arm, just lightly. ‘Because, Viola, life
is so much more terrifying without it.’

Wow. This was pretty good. Got me hooked quickly. I decided to read this now because I have some free time before I must go on to do other things. So I figured why not? Reading is always a good way to kill time.

I'm glad I read this because even though it wasn't that long it was a compelling read. Even though I found it hard to believe that a 13yr old got picked to be one of the people to explore the new world, it didn't bother me so much because of the story. And because I liked Viola's character.

I thought the ending, in which she ends up alone because things go terribly wrong was sad, but well done. I kinda wish it was longer though to find out more about Viola and the struggles she has to go through now that things changed so drastically. But I'm assuming we see that in the series, which I haven't read at all. After this, I definitely need to read The Knife of Never Letting Go soon.