MelissaRose13

MelissaRose13

If You Lived Here, You'd Be Perfect By Now: The Unofficial Guide to Sweet Valley High
Robin Hardwick
The Eternity Cure
Julie Kagawa
City of Bones
Cassandra Clare
Frog and Toad Are Friends - Arnold Lobel I love this book! :D I went with a good friend of mine to Barnes and Noble and at one point we were looking at Nooks and this book was in there. I thought the cover was cute and I'm a fan of frogs so I decided to read it. My friend knows I love reading so she didn't mind. She went to look at magazines.

Anyway, this is a nice, cute, and sometimes silly book about what friendship should be like. It also has funny illustrations to go along with this book. Frog and Toad have an awesome friendship despite the fact that Frog and Toad have different personalities. Toad seems to be grumpy, while Frog is cheery. Despite this, they are always looking out for each other and spending time together. It's a give and take friendship. A balanced friendship, just like it should be. I loved this book because it shows different facets of their friendship and because it reminded me that this is how friendships should be. I'm always having trouble with my own friends, where it seems like I have to contact them first and they never ask me to hang out first. And this book just made me happy because the friendship shown was really nice.

Like for example, Toad taking care of Frog while he's sick. And coming up with all sorts of silly things to give himself inspiration to be able to make up a story for Frog. Like pouring water on himself and slamming his head against the wall. Haha. And Toad getting depressed while waiting for mail because he never receives any letters so Frog goes home and writes him a letter and give it to a snail. Then he comes back to Toad and tells him to go wait for the mail again.

I recommend this book to everyone. It's a children's book, but I think everyone will be able to appreciate it. Especially because of its portrayal of friendship.