MelissaRose13

MelissaRose13

If You Lived Here, You'd Be Perfect By Now: The Unofficial Guide to Sweet Valley High
Robin Hardwick
The Eternity Cure
Julie Kagawa
City of Bones
Cassandra Clare
Mercy (Mercy, #1) - Rebecca Lim This is how this book made me feel.

Not like I've read a ton of crappy books this year because I've enjoyed most of the books I've read, but this was pretty creative. Different. This is definitely one of my favorite books of the year. I actually haven't read many angel novels, but this series I'm definitely enjoying. I downloaded this for my Kindle for PC. But now I want the actual book for my collection. Just too cool not to have in my bookshelves.

What I really liked about this book was the different layers that it had. It had some romance in it, but there was more to it than that. Besides exploring romance somewhat, it also was about solving the mystery of Ryan's sister's disappearance, about the growth of Mercy's character, her struggle with her issues (she doesn't really have memory of what she did or who she is or why she keeps on inhabiting other people's bodies) Also she keeps having dreams of a lover, but she doesn't remember who he is or how to go back to him.

One of my favorite parts of this book was when Mercy is having a discussion about free will. I enjoy philosophy. It's one of my favorite subjects. And the notion of free will is a very interesting one to me. Do we really have free will? Or are we predestined for a certain fate? Is it set out to be that no matter what roads we take in life we will always end up with that fate? Does free will come with a price? Is it better to not have free will and just live out a predetermined life? All interesting questions that I like to think about, which this book made me think about again.

I'm not going to give away the ending, but this is what came to mind/what I was feeling as I reached the end.

This book left me hanging and I desperately wanted to know what happened next so I immediately downloaded book 2 and started reading. It doesn't happen so often where I feel like I desperately need to know what's going on.

Now who wants to buy me this book? haha.