MelissaRose13

MelissaRose13

If You Lived Here, You'd Be Perfect By Now: The Unofficial Guide to Sweet Valley High
Robin Hardwick
The Eternity Cure
Julie Kagawa
City of Bones
Cassandra Clare
The Adoration of Jenna Fox - Mary E. Pearson "A bit for someone here. A bit there. And sometimes they don't add up to anything whole. But you are so busy dancing. Delivering. You don't have time to notice. Or are afraid to notice. And then one day you have to look. And it's true. All of your pieces fill up other people's holes. But they don't fill your own."

I enjoyed this book a lot more than I thought I would. I had heard about it before, but was never really compelled to read it until a few days ago. Not really sure why, but I'm really glad I did. This book left me like this:

Which was a good thing because I always enjoy books that make me think, books that make an emphasis on the complexities of life. I like exploring these subjects and I feel people need to read more books like these to reflect a bit more on life and learn. The bad thing of all this thinking that the book made me do, was that it led to thoughts reaching beyond the confines of the story. I started thinking about my own life, my own decisions, my own way of living. Too many questions and thoughts started floating around my head. I lost a lot of sleep because of this, which was not good. X_X But because of this alone I recommend the book. I feel it's pretty powerful and well executed. And I love that the characters aren't black and white. They're grey just like in the real world.

Anyway, what I liked about this book is the thought provoking questions that it raised throughout the story. For example, what is ethically correct in the medical field? Is there a point where advancement in medicine, technology, etc. is too much? Is there a point where we need to say stop, no more? Is there sometimes just progress for the sake of progress? Is advancement always beneficial?

I also liked the questions that it raised in regards to what makes you, what makes your identity. The main character has woken up and finds that she has no memories, no recollections of her life. So what makes her Jenna Fox? Or is she not Jenna Fox anymore? Physically her body is pretty much the same, but is that enough to say that she's Jenna Fox? Or can she only be Jenna Fox when all her memories come back? What makes you who you are? How do you even determine that? How much free will do you have? Do you even have any free will?

I wish I could say more about this book, but it's hard to say more without giving some things away. I want people to enjoy this book as much as I did.

The only reason why I didn't give this book 5 stars was because I felt the ending was a bit rushed. I think if it had been longer, it would have been a lot better.